Monday 2 June AN ENDLESS OPENING – Sala Apolo / Nasty Mondays
We open this second edition 2014 in “Sala Apolo” celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the mythic film “The Endless Summer” pioneer of the surf by the great Bruce Brown. This will be the first official celebration in Europe, having a limited capacity of 200 people.
For the most party-lovers, the screening will be followed by “Nasty Mondays” session. Besides enjoying one of the most mythic parties of the Barcelonan night, there will be a raffle of a unique version of “BCNSFF, Nasty Mondays & Locals Barceloneta” surfboard, thanks to Locals Barceloneta.
Screening only: 5€ at Box office
Screening + Party with 1 drink: 14€
Schedule: 21:00 -05:00h
Going out between the film and the party allowed.
Wednesday 4, Thr 5 and Fri 6 June - CINEMA, MUSIC “ESTRELLA” OPEN AIR (and dinner of course!) Maritime Museum
Each day, between sunset and midnight, we will experience the already mythic binomial ‘concert + 2 films’. As last year’s edition, the night will go by outdoors and unconditionally served with a cold beer and one or two “pintxos”, enjoying the official selection of the festival which will not disappoint you.
Schedule: 20:30 - 00:00h
Wednesday 4, Thr 5 and Fri 6 June - MORE THAN JUST CINEMA: SURF CULTURE - Maritime Museum
There is scheduled 2 talks with limited capacity of 100 people, opening doors at 19:50h in the MMB’s Conference Room.
- Conference: ”Wood – Foam – Wood, Evolution of the surfboard” by local shapers Dídac (Montjuich Surfboards) and Sergi (Flamasurf) (Wednesday 4).
- Conference / Debate - “Past, Present and Future of the Surf in Catalonia” (Friday 6): we will debate several issues exposed by experts and everybody is welcome to participate. Moreover, sounded news will be released surprising the Catalan surf community.
Permanently in the venue will be:
- Photography exposition and sell
- “Surf Art”: paintings by the Artist LAMONCU
- Surf Books by “The Fishbone Project”, the one and only Spanish surf books editorial.
- Organic cotton Twothirds: limited edition of the Barcelonese clothing company collaborating with the BCNSFF.
- BCNSFF stand: festival’s logo t-shirts and the more freaks will have the chance to get one the limited edition on 25 posters “The Endless Summer” 100x70.
- Supportive Book with Instagrafic style gathering surf photos of the Catalan coastline. The profit will be destined to an engineering school at Mae La refugee camp in Thailand where more than 40.000 Burmese refugees live
Friday 6 June THE SOUND OF THE SEA – Maritime Museum
The last live concert will be the traditional Mediterranean music “Havaneres” served with the typical burnt rum.
Saturday 7 June – A TRULLY MEDITERRANEAN BITE
OUT IN THE WATER APPETIZER - "Sant Sebastià" Beach
Sun, sea wind… a surfing trip, a sailing boat and an appetizer out in the water. Whether it is by long, paddle, shortboards, gun, fish, retro fish, egg, minisimons, and so on you are welcome to join us rowing, paddling or swimming to the “Rockstar Boat”. We will be anchored outside the buoys line in San Sebastià beach in La Barceloneta enjoying a fresh Estrella
beer or an energizing Rockstar
How? The appetizer out in the water is a ludic and sportive open event, you just need to get by your own means to the boat or be a winner of the many raffles we will make throughout our social networks.
The sail boat will be anchored outside the buoys line in Sant Sebastià beach as of 11:00am
SARDINADA GRILL - Confraria de Pescadors
After the appetizer, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm a popular grill/bbq sardine will be served taking advantage of the Mediterranean charming weather for only 2€.
Tickets at the box office
Thursday 12 and Friday 13 June LIFELONG CINEMA WITH THE GAUCHOS DEL MAR - Cinemes Girona
Each of this two last days there will be 2 screenings in one same pass. Moreover, the closing day we will enjoy the presentation of the film “Out In The Line Up” by its DOP Bruno Amaral together with the presentation of “Tierra de Patagones” by their producers, directors and main characters, the Gauchos: Joaquín and Julián Azulay.